Suggested Reading: What is a Scenario?
Checkmarx is a commercial tool and therefore a valid license is necessary to activate its Scenario.
The user account whose credentials to be used must have the following privileges:
- Server Manager role - Orchestrated scans for any team/project in the Cx server
- Scanner role - Orchestrated scans for projects within a Team area (the Team is specified when configuring the ZeroNorth Checkmarx scan Policy.)
- Login to the web UI and then go to zn ADM > Scenarios .
- Locate the Checkmarx Scenario tile.
- Click on the +Add Scenario button to the bottom right of the tile.
- Select Scenario Configuration “checkmarx”.
Items in bold are required.
- Name (see our Scenario Name Recommendations)
- Enter Checkmarx Host URL as “https://checkmarx.mydomain.com” or similar.
- Enter the Checkmarx API username .
- Enter the Checkmarx API password .
- Scenario will become available as a drop down when creating a Policy
- Scenario Tile will change from “inactive” to “active”
For ZeroNorth-orchestrated scan, if you are using “Teams” in your Checkmarx to server to organize the various projects, the team information must be specified when creating a ZeroNorth scan Policy. This requirement does not apply to data load Policies.
Example: If you have a team in Checkmarx like “CxServer\SP\MyTeam”, the in the Checkmarx, orchestrated scan Policy, you will need to specify the Team as “CxServer/SP/MyTeam” (forward “/”).