A Set-based Policy Group type addresses the need to create a large number of related Policies in an automated fashion. Some of the important characteristics of this group type are:
- Given a set of X number of Targets and a set of Y number of Scenarios (scanners), the procedure creates X * Y number of Security Policies, effectively every combination.
- The resulting Policies cannot be edited individually, except for setting a schedule.
- Removing Policies and Adding Policies must be done by editing the Policy Group.
To create a Set-based Policy Group:
- Go to zn OPS > Policies .
- Click +Add Group .
- Enter a Name .
- For Select Based On , choose “Targets & Scenarios”.
- In the Filters section, optionally set Integration Type and Target Name search condition.
- In the list of Targets (tab), select desired Targets.
- Click on the Scenarios (tab) and select desired Scenarios.
- Click Save .
The ZeroNorth platform will now create all of the required Policies in the background. Check the zn OPS > Policies screen in a minute to see the results.