When adding a GitHub Integration , you can use a GitHub “Personal access token” instead of using your GitHub username/password. This article describes the procedure.
- ZeroNorth platform license and credentials with admin privileges
- A paid GitHub account
The following steps assume that you do not yet have any tokens to use:
- From the GitHub landing page, navigate to Settings > Developer settings > Personal access tokens (or navigate directly to Sign in to GitHub · GitHub ).
- Click on Generate new token . Enter your credentials if prompted.
- In the subsequent screen, enter Token description and specify Scope as:
- repo (all)
- admin:repo_hook (all)
- user (all)
- Click on Generate token .
Your new token will be displayed in the Personal access tokens screen. Be sure to copy the token and keep it safely:
You can now use the token from the above step to add a new Integration :
- Go to zn ADM > Integrations > +Add Integration .
- Enter a Name and a Description .
- Select Initiate Scan From option appropriate for your need.
- Select Type “GitHub”.
- Select the Hosting Option appropriate for your situation.
- Enter your new token into the Authentication Token field.
- Click on Create Integration .
Your GitHub Integration is now ready for use.