Hi all. I’m trying to figure out what sort of service/workflow/deployment I need in my case for Kubernetes. When I choose a Kubernetes service type, Harness forces me into a Docker artifact type, but all I really have in my case per “service” is:
- a tar file of data in Artifactory (a machine learning model) which I can deploy via script (kubectl cp into a PVC at present) and
- a yaml fragment to apply to the k8s cluster since all the real CODE is implemented in CRDs already on the cluster. this creates my actual service endpoint for me via Knative
Thoughts on how one might factor this into services/workflows? As a start, I am doing this:
- put the service yaml in the manifest for the service (I could templatize that)
- hacked up a Custom artifact source for the so-called Docker artifact type (it just mangles up some yaml to communicate the location of the data file to the workflow.
- in the workflow, it reads the variables output from the artifact source, fetches from artifactory, pushes to the cluster, then finally the yaml for the custom resource gets deployed for the service.
It works but seems kind of ugly. Thoughts greatly appreciated!