On the topic of No Code/Low Code

There has been a lot of interest in so-called No Code/Low Code offerings. Many decision makers are specifically targeting tools that fall into the No Code or Low Code category. Developers are finding it easier to get budgets for tools if the term No Code/Low Code is somewhere involved. In the below link many of the VCs expressed that they believe No Code/Low Code is a trend to be capitalized upon:

My question is this: Does Harness.io consider itself a Low-Code tool?

Thanks for joining the Harness Community, @Sample.

I think of traditional low/no-code systems like OutSystems [https://www.outsystems.com/].

tl;dr Harness, in my opinion, is an orchestrator for your Continuous Delivery process. The stringent
definition of a low/no-code language and platform is not what Harness is. We are more for building a pipeline in the easiest way possible, not an end application end-users use [though that is what you are deploying with Harness].

You could easily create a Continuous Delivery process in Harness without writing a single line of code. If you have all the credentials and hooks in to the ecosystems we play in, you are working through UI
or YAML based configuration.

Putting on my architecture hate, writing more code = more maintenance = more cost. Software ages like milk, not like wine, unfortunately. Rapid tooling has been making it’s way around for decades now
and low/no-code systems are the next rendition of that. There is some sort of supporting framework and language under the low/no-code systems.

Cheers!

-Ravi

1 Like